LIT is currently in desperate need of volunteers to enhance our skills training center. Our volunteer program aims to have people from across the world come to India and share their skills with the Tibetan refugee community to support local and sustainable development. We are always looking for:
- Drop-in volunteers
- Short-term volunteers
- Long-term and
- committed volunteers
- internship students
LIT is always in desperate need of volunteers to enhance our skills training centre. Our volunteer program aims to have people from across the world come to India and share their skills with the Tibetan refugee community to support local and sustainable development.
We offer a range of free-from-charge long term and short term volunteer placements that allow you to immerse yourself in Tibetan culture.
- Short-term volunteer positions that require no qualifications or time commitment include teaching conversational English, tutoring, web and graphic design, social work, grant writing, editing,kitchen duties and office administration.
- Long-term, committed volunteers to help with our language classes, nightly events and skills training courses/workshops.
We also welcome drop-in volunteers with no previous communication or planning, and also options for those wanting to plan ahead.
Our current volunteer placements:
- English, German, Japanese, French and Chinese language teachers
- Health care professionals*
- Computer teachers and web designers
- Legal professionals
- Project Coordinators
- Office Administrators
* Health care professionals to give treatments and education in both traditional and non-traditional medicines and healing including acupuncture, massage, reiki, first aid, health care and sanitation, nutrition, physiotherapy, yoga and other forms of treatment.
Traveling to Dharamsala, India
LIT understands that traveling to India to volunteer can be a daunting experience. So we offer a program where we pre-arrange your travel and support you throughout your placement with our Centre.
An LIT staff member will:
- Pick you up from the airport in Delhi.
- Organise your accommodation in Delhi.
- Arrange your bus travel to Dharamsala.
LIT recognizes the invaluable contributions volunteers make to our centre. Therefore, LIT does not charge fees to volunteer. However, if you require the pre-arranged travel or home stay options, we require a small donation to cover the costs of these services.
We want to thank all donors for supporting LITin the past and we hope you can keep supporting in the future too.
We are in urgent need of your assistance and of new donors to keep our school open for the coming year.
LIT is a registered charity in India. An important part of LIT is to provide free education to Tibetan refugees and empowerment opportunities to the local community. We have given vital classes to Tibetans refugees for over 10 years.
All we need is 26 people to sign up for a yearly donation of $ 100 or $ 1 a day or $ 10 for a month. If you can’t afford a monthly donation, hopefully, you can give any donation that you can afford.
I hope you can help us. We only need 26 people.
We are very very happy and welcome any ideas on how we can do fundraising and get new donations.