Learning and Ideas for Tibet (LIT) is a non-government, non-profit adult education centre in Dharamsala, North India. LIT provides Free Education, Health Care and Skills Training to Tibetan Refugees to help eradicate poverty and illiteracy amongst the Tibetan population.
Through a range of free-from-charge daily classes and nightly information sessions, LIT aims to provide:
- Free education to disenfranchised Tibetan refugees and local members of the community.
- Skills training to empower Tibetan refugees and integrate them into the local society.
- A platform for the local and international community to discuss and address issues affecting the local Tibetan community to allow for positive changes to be made at a grassroots level.
- Employment opportunities to the local community.
- Tibetan refugees with access to health care services.