LIT is currently in desperate need of volunteers to enhance our skills training centre. Our volunteer program aims to have people from across the world come to India and share their skills with the Tibetan refugee community to support local and sustainable development.
We offer a range of free-from-charge long term and short term volunteer placements that allow you to immerse yourself in Tibetan culture.
Short-term volunteer positions that require no qualifications or time commitment include teaching conversational English, tutoring, web and graphic design, social work, grant writing, editing,kitchen duties and office administration.
We also need long-term, committed volunteers to help with our language classes, nightly events and skills training courses/workshops.
Our current volunteer placements
- English, German, Japanese, French and Chinese language teachers
- Health care professionals to give treatments and education in both traditional and non-traditional medicines and healing including acupuncture, massage, reiki, first aid, health care and sanitation, nutrition, physiotherapy, yoga and other forms of treatment.
- Computer teachers and web designers
- Legal professionals
- Project Coordinators
- Office Administrators
We welcome drop-in volunteers with no previous communication or planning, and also options for those wanting to plan ahead.
Traveling to Dharamsala, India
LIT understands that traveling to India to volunteer can be a daunting experience. So we offer a program where we pre-arrange your travel and support you throughout your placement with our Centre.
An LIT staff member will:
- Pick you up from the airport in Delhi.
- Organise your accommodation in Delhi.
- Arrange your bus travel to Dharamsala.
LIT recognizes the invaluable contributions volunteers make to our centre. Therefore, LIT does not charge fees to volunteer. However, if you require the pre-arranged travel or home stay options, we require a small donation to cover the costs of these services.
Interested to work as a volunteer at LIT?
email us: [email protected]